Okatsune 230 Japanese Hedge Shears - Long Handled with Long Blades
"I didn’t know the real pleasure of pruning until I’d wielded Okatsune Shears."
- Izumo steel blades (the same as ancient Japanese swords) - truly razor sharp with a Rockwell hardness of 60 to 61.
- Japanese Oak handles - absorb vibration
- Total length: 780 mm
- Handle length: 500 mm
- Blade length: 200 mm
- Only 1050g yet robust
- Protective sheath included.
Ideal for topiary or hedge clipping on box, yew etc. or the Japanese garden (o-karikomi). Cut accurately with real ease.
How to look after your Okatsune Shears
The shears are made from few components, so there's not much you need to do to look after them. A few simple steps will keep them in great condition:
- clean the blades after use
- oil them with a light oil occasionally
- store with blades closed to protect the blades (and you)
- when they lose their edge, sharpen with a whetstone - the Okatsune Whetstone is designed for the job.
TIP - keep the blades clean with a weak (1:50) bleach/water mixture. We keep some in a old kitchen spray bottle. Wire wool works wonders at giving them a really good clean or to remove stubborn resin or sap build up.
Red and white handles make them harder to lose.
Simple, robust and razor sharp.