Shell On Earth - The Mini hand-tied bag with approx. 1.5kg crushed shells
Recycled crushed, washed and dried whelk shells. This is a mini version of the ever-popular small bag. Produced as a by-product of the seafood business by a family firm in Cardigan Bay.
This bag size is ideal for top dressing small indoor plant pots. Great for cacti, succulents and most houseplants. Alternatively you can mix the shells into soil or compost to increase drainage.
- plant pot and terrarium dressing
- ground cover for garden borders and beds
- drainage layer to aid run off
- surface mulch to retain moisture
- natural, gentle weed and pest control
We suggest a covering of 2-3cm if using as a top dressing.
When watering your plants, ensure a slow and gentle pour to avoid soil rising above the shells.